Saturday, October 07, 2006

Fall

Today is lovely and warm, one of those atypical fall days that feel like a happy oversight on the part of the weather gods. And yet there is enough of a bite in the air to remind one of where you are, and enough of that extraordinary golden-coloured light that only happens this time of year. I love it. Yes, I know, soon enough it will be colder than a witch's grommet (in the word's of my reluctant father-in-law) and I will be cursing the long blistering slog of months (see subsequent posts for unhinged rants on the topic), but for now it's perfection. I dream of a land of perpetual fall. Where leaves turn to colour and fall and give way to new leaves, without interruption. A land where the year-round uniform is a light sweater and a jaunty hat.

3 comments:

demondoll said...

Or perhaps a snazzy jacket? I love a pretty coat.

yatsu said...

Please to post a leafy pic or two!

LolaDiana said...

Peruvian wool.... and toss your jaunty hat in the air at least once!