Saturday, July 01, 2006

Joys of Soccer

Pursuant to my comments in previous posting re absurdity of World Cup fervour: by pure circumstantial accident, found myself witness to the climax of the recent England-Portugal game, witness to the exultant victors peeling off sweat-drenched t-shirts, witness to their exquisite torsos in moist, delirious embrace, further witness to the losers crumpled, weeping, breathtakingly tragic, comforting one another with hands placed against cheeks, gentle gazes, foreheads pressed together in virtual kissing-distance and tender wiping away of tears. Think circuit party meets E.M. Forster novella. So why the forlorn faces of the English spectators, devastated, dumbstruck, betrayed, bereft of hope? Is that all really necessary? Seen from my perspective, we're all winners, so long as someone takes off his shirt.

6 comments:

ElleDee said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

That's a beautiful way of thinking ;)

demondoll said...

I'm with you, Piggy. Blessed are the atheletes, for they are glorious to behold in their homoerotic beauty. *sigh*

LolaDiana said...

Mmmmm Shirtless.....

Didn't know you had a blog-my canucklet!
Cheers to being able to speak to you, even if only online....
kisses

demondoll said...

We're link'd! I love that you link'd me! I can almost feel your pinkie wrapped around mine... :D

ElleDee said...

Oh my. I just realized that from your lovely little link to my blog, a reader is then blindsided by the term, "chickenhead."
I better write something new!

demondoll said...

Suey! Post, post, post- sueyyyyy!